Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Luang Prabang: New Years Day

1/1
I needed one more day in Luang Prabang to rest up from the previous night's experiences.  I walked in at 7 AM, paid for another night, then went to bed.  I think I woke up around 1.    I had let Jo borrow my computer the night before, so I was going to head to their hostel to see if I could find them and get it back.    On my way, I bumped into Alex and Nikola, the friends we made at the food market the previous night--they were on a quest for soup.  I couldn't offer advice, but we arranged to meet up again at the same spot in the night market.  I left them and started to walk past Jomas and out burst Jo.  I had told Cristina I would be in Jomas that afternoon too, so eventually she showed up--the party hath assembled itself.  Jo was feeling a lot better since last night too, but still neither her or Luke were 100 percent.  We went to the pharmacy to medicate ourselves.  I broke down and bought some allergy meds--they got some, uhh, stuff for the digestive tracks, and then we went to the night market for amazing flll your own plate to heaven vegetarian buffet and skewers of chicken, for under 2 dollars.  Alex and Nikola were there too.  Alex had spend a lot of time studying brain functions and was really into facial recognition technology.  He and I started to nerd it out so much we got scolded from the rest of the group.  Singularity type stuff, ya know.  After food we went back to Jo and Luke's hostel to play some card games.  Oh how I wish I had brought Munchkin with me.  I didn't stay long because I had to catch a minivan to Vang Vien tomorrow, as did Alex and Nikola.  We lost Cristina, but she might also be on our minivan.

No comments:

Post a Comment